annestaszalek

Reading Through the Nyte

If it has pages, I will try to read it. Admittedly, I will not always succeed, as some books honestly do not deserve to be printed, not to mention finished. After reading them, I like telling people about books-- whether to avoid them or seek them out... and so it goes...

Good Omens: The Nice & Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Espresso Shot
Cleo Coyle
Empress: A Novel
Shan Sa
Here Be Dragons: Tales of Dragoncon - Bill Fawcett, Robert Lynn Asprin, Janny Wurts, Mike Resnick, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Susan Sizemore, Todd J. McCaffrey, Selina Rosen, Jean Marie Ward, Bradley H. Sinor, Jody Lynn Nye, Teresa Patterson, Michelle Poche, Karen DeWinter This is a collection of short stores all set in Atlanta's famed Dragon*Con by writers who have been PART of Dragon*Con. Having been to D*C a few times, I enjoyed that part of the concept, but the stories varied from the incredibly wonderful to the "done because they were asked while at D*C and were unable to say no gracefully" type. I honestly felt that Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's story was just a slice from the start of a book that really could use expanding as it WAS good if you read it from that perspective. The last story was, however, a great way to tie the book up.