annestaszalek

Reading Through the Nyte

If it has pages, I will try to read it. Admittedly, I will not always succeed, as some books honestly do not deserve to be printed, not to mention finished. After reading them, I like telling people about books-- whether to avoid them or seek them out... and so it goes...

Good Omens: The Nice & Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Espresso Shot
Cleo Coyle
Empress: A Novel
Shan Sa
The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry I have GOT to learn that there are people who will read contemporary fiction aimed at a female audience (overcoming family issues, romance, etc) and then there is me. EVEN if the description and review mention something cool and paranormal, like the ability to read the future from lace, I really have to learn that that is simply WINDOW DRESSING and really not used in the plot save to poke at the aforementioned ‘female’ issues of family conflict, finding the truth of yourself, understanding that you can love and not lose yourself and the other hogwash that personally makes me itch like a 100% wool sweater. However, if you LIKE books of this nature, I think you will really enjoy this one—the people are detailed, and well developed and there are emotional trapdoors and depths of emotions plumbed galore.