annestaszalek

Reading Through the Nyte

If it has pages, I will try to read it. Admittedly, I will not always succeed, as some books honestly do not deserve to be printed, not to mention finished. After reading them, I like telling people about books-- whether to avoid them or seek them out... and so it goes...

Good Omens: The Nice & Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Espresso Shot
Cleo Coyle
Empress: A Novel
Shan Sa
At Grave's End - Jeaniene Frost This one was darker than the prior two, but also one of the best in the series. Cat is so much her own person now, and not making the typical stupid decisions so many urban fantasy heroines make; she LEARNS and grows and she's smart as well as being beautiful and kick-ass. Bones is so much NOT your stereotypical heroine's love interest that you can't help but adore him and the surrounding cast of characters are amazing.

I started this book on New Year's Eve and finished it today, New Years day, so you will bet it is one of those books you ache when you put down, and once you finish, you desperately wish would continue.

In case the series is new to you, Cat is a half vampire who works for the government basically eradicating killer vampires. She works with a group of men-- some human, some not, and has a husband, Bones, an elder vampire who reminds you of what Spike from Buffy might have been if Spike and Angel combined and had time to become mature. Bad things happen-- VERY bad things, and Cat reacts and grows from them, as do the mishmash of a family she has around her. The series is one of the BEST Urban Fantasy series I have ever read, and considering I adore the genre, that's saying a lot.