annestaszalek

Reading Through the Nyte

If it has pages, I will try to read it. Admittedly, I will not always succeed, as some books honestly do not deserve to be printed, not to mention finished. After reading them, I like telling people about books-- whether to avoid them or seek them out... and so it goes...

Good Omens: The Nice & Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Espresso Shot
Cleo Coyle
Empress: A Novel
Shan Sa
Invitation to Murder - Elizabeth Bright This is, again, another start to another new cozy mystery series. The setting this time is in yet another small town, where the female protagonist owns a brand new shop devoted to the making of greeting cards, and the selling of the fancy ones she makes on her own. Her first day, sitting at the counter, she gets a wrong number that haunts her—sounds like someone is begging for help and then is murdered. She tells her brother who is (of course) the sheriff of the small town, but he dismisses it, at least until a murdered woman is found in an abandoned house.

Our heroine decides to solve what happened, especially when she starts getting threatening letters telling her to forget she ever got the call at work, and a similar warning at her apartment. There are the requisite goofy relatives, oddball friends, and craft ideas, as well as a really decent plot, making for a rather decent read and the decision to get books two and three!