annestaszalek

Reading Through the Nyte

If it has pages, I will try to read it. Admittedly, I will not always succeed, as some books honestly do not deserve to be printed, not to mention finished. After reading them, I like telling people about books-- whether to avoid them or seek them out... and so it goes...

Good Omens: The Nice & Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Espresso Shot
Cleo Coyle
Empress: A Novel
Shan Sa
22 Nights - Linda Winstead Jones YAY! Another new series set in the same land as all the others I have read by this author and using a lot of the old characters. In this one, there are two distinct stories, not linked at all until the end when you find out why they are being told together. For the first, a General goes to retrieve one of the hopeful brides for his emperor, only to find this daughter of a rather important clan chief and he married a year ago when she drugged him and took advantage of him so that she could claim that, unflowered, she had no need to be so cosseted and thus could become the warrior she wanted to be. To dissolve this marriage that neither purportedly wanted, they are to be tied together with a length of cord for 22 nights and after that, should they sill wish to be divorced, the marriage will be dissolved. HINT: They fall in love again and live happily ever after. Story two is of a wealthy widow with a magical power that is fascinating who is also headed to the Emperor. Her pack train is attacked and she and her one time lover must escape the assassin and HINT TWO: they too fall in love and live happily ever after. Yes, they have predictable endings, but the story is actually pretty well done.